Thanks for you time. I've chosen to use a blog so we could see each others comments and maybe stir up some good conversation.
Prayer needed for revival in our churches, neighborhoods, on campus and hospitals. Back in the 1870's University started with 3,000 students - 1,0000 of which were Christian; 1900's 10,000 students , 3,000 of which were Christian;. First campus was the YWCA. President Angell has a dream that the school would be a Protestant Theologacal Seminary for all. In the 1970's there was a charismatic movement starting on the campus and through all Ann Arbor.
1. the churches in Washtenaw County would see themselves as partners in the mission to see God's kingdom come & will be done
2. that the Christian people would join with Jesus in his mission in all the places he has invested them: family, neighborhoods, jobs, schools, etc.
Amen. As we pray, I know God will give us clear direction to make this possible.
1. Repentance for our (the church's) consumerism, individualism, and idolatry.
2. Passion for Jesus and the lost.
(I am assuming that the question refers to my church community.)
1. We need a clear vision of what God would have us to accomplish.
2. My church leadership and I need to leverage the resources of the whole church in order to accomplish that vision.
Deep godly heart repentance that brings revival to God's people
Humility and God's burden for the lost
Amen. Let us never give up and never loose sight.
Individually and corporately follow the greatest two commandments to love God and love our neighbor ( Mark 12:29-31)
Individually and corporately share Jesus with those around us (follow the Great Commission - Matthew 28:18-20)
At the risk of plagiarism, I am glad to submit the following: 'And this is my prayer: (1) that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that (2) you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.' Philippians 1.9-11
Hi Tom, I don't think Apostle Paul would mind :)
We need repentance on the part of Christians and the Church and faith that God will build His Church here and the gates of hell will not prevail against it.
1. Witness to God's love 2. Raising up young Christian leaders
1) That revival and unwavering obedience start with me (that I don't wait for someone else, but pursue it fully even if no one else does); 2) that as we love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength, we moment by moment seek Him and obey him despite the cost.
1. Unity,community and committed love for one another in the body of Christ.
2. God's vision, strategy and heart for the lost.
That We, as Christians, would be bold in sharing Christ, understanding that everyone needs him and we should not see any group or individual as someone we see as unreachable.
That this generation would find the attitude that our fathers had of working hard to build and maintain America.
1. That we daven (pray) as a community on a regular basis, and as we increase our public profile we may be attractive to fellow Jews and protected from anti-semitism.
2. Sha'alu Shalom Yerushalayim (Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem) Ps 122:6. Pray for Israel, Redemption of the Jewish people (that they will corporately say "Baruch Haba b'Shaym Adonai" (Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD) Ps 118:26, as they welcome Messiah Yeshua home. And pray for the redemption of the nations.
For Christ's people to more fully demonstrate the reality of the kingdom of God and embody the character of Christ in their daily lives.
For Christ's people to have the words, the humility, and the courage to give, with gentleness and respect, an answer for the hope that is within them.
That God's people pray for repentance and revival and cooperate toward that end with one another.
My input from 2015 remains the same. I would add that we pray for our government leaders, mercy and revival for our nation and boldness in believers to share and stand for truth.
Really enjoyed your illustration. Will pray
First Pray for leadership, our President, continue to expose the evil.
1 Timothy 2:1-2
Praise and thank God for souls. God is the Rainmaker, He said to Ask and since God cannot lie, He will answer our prayers. Pray for the
Latter rain of souls, pulling them out of the fires of hell. James 5:7
Thank you for answering Elohim, Great God Jehovah
I am still thankful for the time we had at the 24-hr. prayer center to come together to pray and get to know one another. Hopefully, small groups are still getting together to pray. We have three out here in Saline area. But I personally miss the larger PACT group there at Summit.