I was recently asked the question, “Can you prayer to the Holy Spirit?” My answer to them was a resounding YES!
Prayer, in the general sense, is communication with God. When we understand why Jesus send the Holy Spirit to anoint His people, we know how important it is to make Holy Spirit your best friend and to be constantly talking to Him.
Paul’s closing words in his second epistle to the Corinthians are, “and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.” I want to encourage every believer in Jesus Christ our Lord to start and stay in constant conversation with the Holy Spirit who has been placed in you from our Heavenly Father.
The following scriptures and prayers below are a great way to begin.
Don't forget to leave a comment and join the conversation.
Leading and Guidance Prayers
Key Verse: "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." Romans 8:14
1. Supplication Prayer (Luke 11:13)
Heavenly Father, Please give me the full measure of your Holy Spirit. Grant me a fresh baptism in Holy Spirit as I wait in your presence today. Anoint me, Lord! Only through your anointing can I live my life pleasing to You and fulfill Your will for my life.
Father, fill me to overflowing with Holy Spirit. I need Your Anointing to awaken my spirit, soften my heart, cleanse my conscience, transform my mind and make my body subservient to you today.
In Jesus name, Amen!
2. Fellowship Prayer (II Cor. 13:14)
Holy Spirit, I welcome a deeper more intimate relationship with you today. I need you for my spiritual life as much as I need my next breath for my physical body. I want to obey Your leading today. I do not want to grieve you by sinning. Thank you for your presence. Let’s walk together today. I will follow you.
Additional Fellowship Prayers (Isa 11:2)
1. Holy Spirit, help me to walk in Your wisdom. Help me to solve all of my problems I face through your wisdom.
2. Give me Your Understanding so that I may understand the deep truths of my Heavenly Father’s Kingdom in order to live those truths and pass them on to my children.
3. Give me Your Counsel so that I will follow your narrow path.
4. Give me Your tremendous might so that I could be used by you to release Divine power to heal the sick and bring freedom to those tormented by the devil. You are the same yesterday, today and forever!
5. Holy Spirit, Increase my knowledge of the Bible. Give me a keen fear of the Lord so that I will walk very carefully before you and not commit any sin. Give me holiness through Your indwelling presence, O Lord!
6. Holy Spirit, please forgive me if I have treated you impersonally and not like the Holy Person of God you are. You have a will and emotions. You should be welcomed, loved, adored and worshipped.
Join the conversation, leave a comment!
BY Mike Byrum
Pastor Mike assists in directing IMPACT under the supervision of the Pastors Alliance for County Transformation