A Divine Call
1. Finding and appointing a “Prayer Missionary” with the vision for united community prayer. ü Rev. Joe Sazyc commissioned at the December 2005 PACT meeting.
2. A core group of area churches making financial pledges to the Prayer Missionary and the Intercessory Mission.ü 8 Churches so far, 9 local individuals
3. Give a 3-month time of preparation and training for the Prayer Missionary (perhaps doing a 3-month internship at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City, and/or another major prayer center).
4. Prayer Missionary consults with presently active area prayer ministries to aim for cooperative efforts. üUnderway
5. Sharing the vision with area pastors and churches, raising financial support as well as worship teams and prayer leaders to staff the prayer meeting. ü Underway
6. Locating a “House of Prayer” ü Have investigated approx. 20 sites, but encountering zoning challenges. Hosted by Summit International Assembly in Ann Arbor until further notice.
7. Begin with one 24-hour period of prayer weekly, expanding to more times during the week. ü Start date April 11, 2005. Began with Tuesdays 6AM—Midnight. Moved to 24 hour prayer (Monday midnight to Tuesday midnight) on February 28, 2006. Moved to Mondays 6PM to Tuesdays 6PM on September 1, 2008
8. Prayer Missionary and perhaps others, traveling to Bible schools around the country to recruit more prayer missionaries.
9. Expand the ministry to a 24/7 schedule as God provides worship teams, prayer leaders, and additional staff.